308L-16 stainless steel electrode has similar usage as 308, but the 0.04% maximum carbon content increases resistance to intergranular corrosion. Conforms to AWS A5.4.
- Stainless steel 308L-16 electrode is is used to weld base metals of similar composition
- Its carbon content (.04% max.) increases resistance to intergranular corrosion by reducing carbide precipitation
- This electrode has a titania type coating for either alternating current (AC) or direct current (DC) reverse polarity
- 84,000 psi tensile strength (as welded)
- 64,000 psi yield strength (as welded)
- 46% elongation (as welded)
- Conforms to ANSI/AWS A5.4 & ASME SFA 5.4 E 308L-16