316L-16 stainless steel electrodes are used principally for welding molybdenum-bearing austenitic alloys containing 0.03% maximum carbon content. Conforms to AWS A5.4.
- Stainless steel 316L-16 electrode is used to weld base metals of similar composition containing 2-3% molybdenum with .03% max. carbon content
- Sometimes used to weld similar base metals in elevated temperature service applications
- This electrode has a titania type coating for either alternating current (AC) or direct current (DC) reverse polarity
- 83,000 psi tensile strength (as welded)
- 62,000 psi yield strength (as welded)
- 45% elongation (as welded)
- Conforms to ANSI/AWS A5.4 & ASME SFA 5.4 E 316L-16