50/50 common lead-bearing solder has a wide melting range. This solder can, with some exceptions, be used to join copper and most copper alloys, lead, nickel alloys and steel. It is not recommended for joints subject to high stress or vibration in the cooling industry due to lack of sufficient elongation properties. 50/50 is available in acid core, rosin core and solid wire versions.
- Can be used to solder copper and most copper alloys, lead, nickel alloys, and steel with some exceptions
- Used primarily for general purpose soldering applications including sheet metal work
- Heat sources include soldering guns, irons and air-fuel torches
- Not recommended in high stress or vibration joints in the cooling industry due to lack of sufficient elongation properties
- Do not use this product in plumbing or for potable water applications
- Meets specification ASTM B32 Alloy Grade Sn 50; J-STD-006 Sn50Pb50Sb0.4
- Joining copper and most copper alloys