6013 carbon steel covered electrode is a general purpose, all position, steel electrode that produces smooth, quiet, medium penetrating arc that is readily maintained with minimal spatter loss. The slag lifts easily, revealing a finely rippled bead contour. This quick freezing slag provides optimum performance in vertical-down welding. It is ideally suited for general purpose welding, even with small AC power sources having low open-circuit voltage.
- General purpose electrode for welding mild steels
- Deep penetrating welds
- Smooth and stable arc performance
- All position welding
- Thin slag is easily removed
- Excellent for less than clean metal
- Typical applications include vehicles, ship building and repair, sheet metal, piping, pressure vessel fittings, boilers, galvanized steel and general fabrication.