7014 carbon steel covered electrode is an all position, steel electrode, with a rutile-iron powder covering for use on mild and low alloy steels. The powder yields a high deposition rate. The welds reflect smooth beads with fine ripples. It is particularly advantageous when poor fit-up exists and where higher deposition and speed of travel is needed. The slag is easily removed, often self-lifting. For vertical up/ overhead, use a slight whipping or weaving technique. For vertical down, use higher amperage and faster travel speeds, staying ahead of the puddle.
- All position steel electrode
- Contains rutile-iron powder for higher deposition rate
- Produces smooth beads and fine ripples
- Used where poor fit up exists, higher deposition and speed of travel is needed
- Typical applications are machine bases, fames, heavy sheet metal, shelving, general maintenance and fabrication
- Operates with AC, DCEN or DCEP polarity
- Self-lifting, easy removing slag