A general purpose, high-nickel electrode for production and repair of cast iron.
Typical Application: NIC-L-WELD 99 is for building up, joining, filling holes, breaks and cracks in all types of cast iron. It has very good out-of-position welding characteristics. Parts are frequently repaired without dismantling.
- Use AC or DC reverse or straight polarity. Clean the weld area
- Bevel breaks and cracks deep enough so the first pass ties in the bottom of the crack
- In most cases, preheating is not necessary, but heavy sections should be preheated to approximately 400F
- Use a short arc. Stringer beads are recommended
- Skip or back-step weld and peen to relieve stresses. Allow the casting to cool slowly
- Conforms to AWS A5.15, ENiCI
- Close color match
- Excellent machinability </ul