SAFETY-SILV® 45 kit is an excellent general-purpose high silver brazing filler metal. Used for decades, this alloy is a popular choice for brazing copper, brass, steel, and stainless steel. A cadmium-free filler metal with a melting range of approximately 145°F, SAFETY-SILV® 45 provides good fillet forming qualities and is suitable for filling loose connections. The filler metal has excellent joint strength and ductility at a moderately higher temperature. Preferred base metal clearance range is 0.003" – 0.006”. Color is silver to light yellow. The kit includes 1/16 (1.6mm) alloy and 1.75 oz. (49.6 g) SAFETY-SILV® white brazing flux. Conforms to the EU Reach & RoHS directive. Conveniently packaged for point-of-purchase display.
- General purpose cadmium-free silver brazing alloy kit
- Excellent joint strength and ductility at moderately higher temperature with a melting range of approximately 145°F
- Good ductility and capillary flow
- Fillet forming qualities are suitable for filling loose connections
- Preferred base metal clearance range is 0003"-0006"
- Popular choice to braze copper, brass, steel and stainless steel
- Conforms to the EU Reach & RoHS directive
- The kit includes 1/16" (1.6mm) wire and 1.75 oz (49.6 g) Stay-Silv® white brazing flux in convenient clamshell packaging