The Hypertherm Powermax 105 Plasma Cutter delivers superior cut capabilities on 1-1/4" (32 mm) thick metals. It has the duty cycle and industrial performance necessary for tough cutting and gouging jobs.
Seven Duramax torch styles provide versatility for hand cutting, portable automation, x-y table cutting, and robotic cutting and gouging.
Smart Sense technology automatically adjusts the gas pressure according to cutting mode and torch lead length. It also detects electrode end-of-life, automatically turning off power to the torch to prevent potential damage to other parts or to the workpiece.
Hypertherm Powermax 105 Plasma Cutter System includes
- Hypertherm Powermax 105 Power supply
- Hypertherm 50' machine torch
- Remote On/Off Switch
- Work cable with clamp
Hypertherm Powermax 105 Plasma Cutter Maximum productivity
- Finish jobs faster with cut speeds three times greater than oxyfuel on 1/2" mild steel.
- Spend less time on grinding and edge preparation due to superior cut and gouge quality.
Hypertherm Powermax 105 Plasma Cutter Low operating costs
- Reduce costs with long consumable life and more uptime.
- Electrode end-of-life detection protects the torch and workpiece from damage by automatically stopping power when the electrode is overused.
Hypertherm Powermax 105 Plasma Cutter Easy-to-use for cutting and gouging
- No need to change the air pressure. Smart Sense technology ensures that it is always correctly set.
- Drag cut at full output with a patented shield that reduces dross buildup for smoother cutting.
- Tackle different jobs with multiple, easy-to-use torch styles. Built and tested to withstand the harshest conditions
- Duramax torches are designed for high-impact and heat resistance.
- SpringStart technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch.
- Low maintenance for maximum uptime.
Hypertherm Powermax 105 Plasma Cutter Operating data
|Recommended||32 mm (1-1/4")||500 mm/min (20 ipm)|
|38 mm (1-1/2")||250 mm/min (10 ipm)|
|Severance (hand cutting)||50 mm (2")||125 mm/min (5 ipm)|
|Pierce*||22 mm (7/8")|
*Pierce rating for handheld use or with automatic torch height control
|Capacity||Metal removal rate||Groove profile|
|Typical gouge||9,8 kg/hr |
|6,4 mm D x 7,4 mm W |
(0.25" D x 0.29" W)
Hypertherm Powermax 105 Plasma Cutter Specifications
|Input voltages||CSA||200-600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Input current @ 21.9 kW||200/208/240/380/400/480/600 V, 58/56/49/28/25/22 A|
|Output current||30 - 105 A|
|Rated output voltage||160 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 40°C (104°F)||80% @ 105 A|
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||200-600 CSA - 300 VDC|
|Dimensions with handles||592 mm D; 274 mm W; 508 mm H (23.3" D; 10.8" W; 20.0" H)|
|Weight with 7.6 m (25') torch||200-600 V CSA - 45 kg (100 lbs)|
|Gas Supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet |
flow rate / pressure
|Cutting: 217 l/min (460 scfh) @5.9 bar (85 psi) |
Gouging: 227 l/min (480 scfh) @4.8 bar (70 psi)
|Input power cable length||3 m (10') *|
|Power supply type||Inverter - IGBT|
|Engine drive requirement||30 kW for full 105 A output|
|Certifications||CSA-certified for use in the Americas and Asia, except China.|
|Warranty||Power supplies have a 3-year warranty and torches a 1-year warranty.|
*No power cord on some CCC models.
Hypertherm Powermax 105 Plasma Cutter Engine-driven generator operation
|Engine drive rating||System output current||Performance (arc stretch)|
|30 kW||105 A||Full|
|22.5 kW||105 A||Limited|
|22.5 kW||85 A||Full|
|15 kW||85 A||Limited|
|15 kW||65 A||Limited|
Hypertherm Powermax 105 Plasma Cutter Production Cut chart
|Material||Thickness||Current||Production cut speed *|
*Production cut speeds are the result of Hypertherm's laboratory testing.
Production speeds are approximately 80% of maximum.
For optimum cut quality, cutting speeds may vary based on different cutting applications.
Refer to the operator manual for more details.