Description: Aluminum Solder
Solder alloy for torch or iron. Used to join all solderable alloys to each other and to dissimilar metals. Also for zinc die-cast. Forms excellent, corrosion resistant joints on the tough to solder aluminum alloys. Also beneficial as a high temperature solder on most other metals. Not recommended for magnesium.
Typical Application: Forms excellent corrosion resistant joints on the tough-to-solder aluminum alloys. Joins all solderable aluminum alloys to each other and to dissimilar metals, both ferous an nonferrous. Also beneficial as a high temperature solder on most other metals.
- Clean the area to be soldered
- Apply Stay Clean aluminum flux
- If using an open flame, heat indirectly with the torch in motion (do not direct the torch on the flux)
- Heat until the flux becomes a nut brown color
- Apply the alloy
- Discontinue heat as soon as flow
- Allow to cool. Remove flux residue with wire brush and hot water
- Tensile strength - Up to 20,000 PSI
- Solidus - 391ºF
- Liquidus - 482ºF
- Good color match on aluminum and zinc die cast
1 oz. Solder